Historical Data vs Charts

Greetings, I’m new to trading, and having trouble understanding the “EOD” historical data from EODHD.com vs what is shown in charts or other historical data feeds like Yahoo. Let me give you an example to work with me on.

Feb-03-2023 SIDU stock. EODHD gives
Open = 0.47, High = 0.58, Low = 0.448, Close = 0.516, Adjusted Close = 51.60

When I pull up SIDU on that day on any chart, Yahoo, ThinkOrSwim, MS… they ALL have the Close = 51.60, not 0.516.
If I actually bought the Stock on 2-3-2023 What price would it have been (if I bought say 1 sec before close)?

I also understand that on Dec-20-23 there was a reverse split of 100 for 1 stocks. But that is 10 month later.

1 Like

Hello. EOD data provided by us is raw OHLC and adjusted close. Raw data on 2023-02-03 was in the range seen under open, high, low, close on that day, as quoted. Since then there was a reverse split, hence the higher adjusted close. We have an article detailing the difference between adjusted close and close. Adjusted Close and Close: What's the Difference? | EODHD APIs Academy.

2 Likes

So, if I’m understanding correctly, when a split occurs, They reverse propagate the split through the charts? So if a split happens in December and I am looking at April before that, it will reflect the split in the chart…?

On the date of the split, after market close, the adjusted closes are adjusted retroactively to the newest split. Chart-wise, it depends on what field you’re using for the chart. If it’s adjusted close, the split will not be visible. On a chart using raw close, there will be a visible drop or jump.

1 Like