[Article] Create Trading Candlesticks from a Websocket with Python

Originally published at: Create Trading Candlesticks from a Websocket with Python | EODHD APIs Academy

Introduction This method will work with any websocket data containing a timestamp and price. I’m going to demonstrate this using EODHD’s “crypto” websocket end-point. It’s important to note that websocket end-points for different asset types may be presented differently. If that is the case you will need to make the adjustments to the code. For example in the cryptocurrencies end-point the price is represented as “p” and the timestamp is represented as “t” as a UNIX timestamp. If you are going to try this with the “us”, “us-quote”, or “forex” end-points, you need to make sure this looks the same for those end-points. If it isn’t, then just map the fields accordingly. It would also be worth checking the format…

Fantastic guide! I was able to implement the WebSocket connection and build my first candlestick chart in no time. This has been a game changer for my analysis process. Thank you!

I’ve been struggling with real-time data integration, and this tutorial really helped me grasp the concepts clearly. The Python code was easy to follow, even for someone like me with limited programming experience.

The step-by-step approach in this article is spot on. I’ve read a few other resources, but this one finally clicked for me. Looking forward to more tutorials like this!

I was surprised how easy it was to set up candlestick charts with WebSocket using Python. The explanation of each part of the code made everything so much clearer. Great work!

As a data enthusiast, this tutorial was perfect. I’ve been looking for ways to visualize live data for trading, and this article gave me exactly what I needed. Brilliant work!

The WebSocket setup was seamless, and the candlestick rendering works perfectly. I was able to customize the code for my own use case with minimal effort. Really appreciate the clarity of the tutorial!

I’ve been using WebSocket with different APIs, but this was the first time I could create live trading charts in Python. Excellent explanation, looking forward to seeing more content like this.

I’ve tried to create real-time candlestick charts before but always struggled with the implementation. This article simplified it so much that I was able to finally succeed. Huge thanks!

This is hands down the most practical guide I’ve come across for working with live trading data in Python. It was really easy to follow, and the results were exactly what I was hoping for.