What is the minimum stock price drop before it cannot be sold?

I would be grateful for any advice and help.

I always check the minimum thresholds with my broker. Usually, as long as a stock doesn’t fall below zero, you can sell it, but there can be special conditions.

I think it depends on the exchange rules. Some exchanges might delist a stock if its price falls below a certain threshold for too long, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be traded. It might just move to an over-the-counter (OTC) market.

I’ve seen some stocks trade at less than a dollar for extended periods. The bigger issue is the lack of volume and liquidity, making it harder to execute a trade. Sometimes market makers will stop supporting stocks that have dropped too far.

I believe for the NYSE, a stock is at risk of delisting if it trades under $1 for 30 consecutive days. It’s not about being unsellable, just that it might move to a less liquid market.

Even if the stock is delisted and trades OTC, you can still sell it. But OTC markets are often less regulated, so it could be more risky and harder to find buyers.

Don’t forget about trading fees! At very low prices, even small fees can make selling less attractive because they eat up a larger portion of the remaining value.