Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Welcome to the EODHD Forum FAQ section. Here, you will find answers to the most common questions about our services and data.

1. What is EODHD?

EODHD (End of Day Historical Data) is a platform providing historical financial market data. We offer data on stocks, ETFs, indices, cryptocurrencies, and other financial instruments.

2. What data does EODHD provide?

We provide the following types of data:

• Historical stock and ETF data.
  • Dividend and stock split information.
  • Cryptocurrency data.
  • Company financial statements.
  • Economic indicators, and more.

3. How can I access EODHD data?

To access our data, you need to register on our website and select a subscription plan. After registration, you will receive an API key that you can use to make requests to our services.

4. How do I use the EODHD API?

We provide detailed documentation on using our API, including request examples, parameter descriptions, and data formats. Please refer to the documentation on our website.

5. Can I use EODHD data for commercial purposes?

Yes, you can use EODHD data for commercial purposes according to the terms of your subscription plan. Please review our terms of use for more information.

6. How can I contact technical support?

If you have any questions or issues, you can contact our technical support team via chat on our website or by email at support@eodhistoricaldata.com. We strive to respond to chat inquiries within a few minutes. Email inquiries are addressed as quickly as possible, typically within 24 hours, and are suitable for more complex issues that may require additional time to resolve.

7. How can I update or cancel my subscription?

If you subscribed using a credit card, you can manage your account and make changes yourself. If you subscribed using PayPal, please contact us for any changes. We process subscription cancellations within 12 hours.

8. What should I do if I find an error in the data?

If you find an error in our data, please report it to us via technical support chat or email at support@eodhistoricaldata.com. We will take steps to correct the error as quickly as possible.

9. Why do ticker symbols differ across various services?

Ticker symbols can differ depending on the data provider. We recommend using our Exchanges API to obtain the current list of tickers and search by name.

10. Can I retrieve only active tickers?

Yes, you can retrieve only active tickers. By default, the delisted parameter is set to 0, excluding delisted tickers. If you want to include them in the results, set delisted = 1.

11. How often is the data updated?

We update our data daily. Financial reports and other data that are published irregularly are updated as they become available.

12. Do you offer a demo or trial period?

If you need to test our data structure, you can do it with our documentation (Stock Price Data, Financial, and Stock Market API: Offers Real-Time Updates and a Free Trial) and the test API key “demo”, which works for AAPL.US, MSFT.US and TSLA.US (stocks), VTI.US (ETF), and EURUSD.FOREX in all relevant APIs. If you want to check data for other tickers and other APIs, you can provide any 2-3 symbols of your choice, and we will send you the files with the data.

13. Can I get historical data for several decades?

Yes, we provide historical data for extended periods. However, the availability of data may depend on the specific instrument and exchange.

14. What payment methods do you accept?

We accept PayPal and credit card payments. Detailed information can be found on the subscription page.

15. Do you offer real-time support?

We provide support 24/7. However, please note that there might be slight delays in responses during weekends.

16. How can I integrate EODHD data with my software?

Our documentation includes code examples and detailed instructions on integrating data with various programming languages and platforms. If you have any questions, our technical support team is always ready to help.

17. Do you provide data for over-the-counter (OTC) instruments?

Yes, we provide data for over-the-counter instruments. You can find detailed information about this data in our documentation and API.

18. How can I export data to CSV or other formats?

Our API returns data in JSON and CSV formats. Export instructions can be found in our documentation.

19. What are the main features of your service compared to competitors?

We pride ourselves on the high quality of our data, the wide range of information provided, and our convenient API. Our data is updated daily, and we offer support for various financial instruments and markets.

20. Can I access EODHD data via a mobile app?

Currently, we do not offer a mobile app, but our website and API are optimized for mobile devices. You can access data through any browser.

If you have other questions not listed here, feel free to ask them on our forum or contact our support team. We are always happy to help!